Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 19, 2012

2 1/2...a wonderful age!


Siri Ann is now 2 1/2 and it has become very obvious to us in many ways that she is now, indeed 2 1/2.  While she is like her sister when she was 2 1/2 in many ways, Siri has her own spin on being 2 1/2 that keeps things exciting.  For example, she told me when it was time to be potty trained.  She took her own diaper off and led herself to the toilet and peed in the potty before I was ready to accept this challenge.  But being that she was so ready, there was no challenge involved!  Now that is the way to potty train if you ask me!

Being number 2 adds to the complexity of this 2 1/2 year old as she has learned much from her older sister and she is seen less by her parents.  Oh, and her personality just allows for certain things her older sister would have never tolerated, like messy things and physical risks.

All of that to explain why I found this when I woke up the other day:

Yes, that is marker.  Yes, she is very proud of herself. And yes, after pictures and a bath she sat, unwillingly for her timeout.  But did she learn her lesson?
                                       
I'm just not so sure.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh man, I can't wait until our kids get to hang out again. :)