Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

She did it!

Ellie successfully completed her first day of school...and so did I! :) Of course what would a first day of school be without pictures! Siri felt very special too! ;) (oh, and notice the green wall in the living room?)
And now we're getting creative:
And now I'm just stalling cause I don't want to let her go!
Sounds like overall things went pretty well! After a full day of school she came home pretty tired but in good spirits! Praise God for a successful first day of school!
According to her teachers:

"Ellie did great!"
"Ellie was very caring towards the other kids."
"Ellie didn't eat the black egg at lunch (duck egg)."
"Ellie learned some Chinese colors."

According to Ellie:
"I didn't speak Chinese."
"A boy in my class was making funny faces and got a spanking!"
"I didn't want to take a nap."
"Mom, what does 'Ma?' mean?"

And quickly, here are some pictures of some of the painted walls in our place...Pictures just don't do justice but you get the point!
The playroom (purple on bottom, yellow on top with a white stripe in between where we will place decals or paint butterflies or something):
The dining room (ocean breeze, I believe is what it's called):
Oh and here's the desk in the office (and the walls are painted a pale blue...very calming, I think):


1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

oh, I'm so happy Ellie's first day of school went so well. Especially for you too. Hope your time hanging out with Siri was special.

Love the new colors -- esp. the kitchen and play room (what fun!).